Bernardo Vazquez, CF APMP
Bernardo obtained his degree in Hotel Administration from Cornell University. Currently, he serves as a Managing Director for Pecunia Group overseeing sales and operations. Prior to joining Pecunia Group, Bernardo’s 30 years of experience in hotels include management positions in sales, marketing and operations for several organizations including, The Holiday Inn San Juan (now Verdanza Hotel), El San Juan Hotel & Casino, The Embassy Suites Hotel & Casino San Juan and The Caribe Hilton. Throughout his career Bernardo achieved high occupancy levels through sales and marketing initiatives and implemented co-branding strategies to increase market share.
Trained and experienced Business Administrator/Entrepreneur in the areas of operations, sales & marketing, program development and finance and accounting. Executive with major accomplishments in new business development and activities. Very organized and deliberate professional that sets goals, defines a clear path and works hard to meet and/or exceed the established expectations. Strong, creative personality that thrives in dynamic, fast paced environments. He is an effective leader and motivator with proficient written and verbal skills in Spanish and English.
Director of Sales & Marketing @ Holiday Inn San Juan
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of the sales & marketing strategies and business plan for room sales and catering sales. - Hired a new team of seasoned professionals for Transient business and Catering business. - Developed and implemented co-branding opportunities as a way to generate new business for the hotel. - Achievements: Stable occupancy and revenue growth of approximately 15% year over year in 2006-2007 and 2007-2008. Occupancy budget for 2008 achieved at 99.27% of goal Rooms Revenue Budget achieved at 95.31% of goal in an increase of 12% year over year and current economy’s challenges.
- Responsible for the repositioning of hotel in all market segments.
- Designed and executed new collateral and internet initiatives.
Director of Sales & Marketing @ Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
- In charge of the implementation of the Sales & Marketing strategies and plan. - Interviewed and hired a completely new sales team. - Developed revenue management strategies to recapture lost market share in specific market segments. - Implemented recognition programs for corporate clients.
- Designed and executed new hotel collateral materials.
- Repositioned the hotel in corporate and groups segment by developing relationships with key accounts contacts in both the local and US market.
Regional Sales Assitant @ United Airlines
- Oversee and resolve administrative and sales related issues for an assigned geographic area, including incentive programs, corporate volume agreements, international agreements and other sales contract programs.
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation of special events and promotions for the sales territory.
- Involved in the creation and enhancing relationship and communications with media in Puerto Rico.
- Served as liaison with Corporate Head Quarters Revenue Management Division and Inventory Management.
- Achievements: Exceeded Sales Quota by 12 % in fiscal year 2001. Also, the creation of various reports, which were not available to field sales personnel, that provided better account information and strategic planning and account positioning in the market.