Juan Miguel Rivera
Juan Miguel attended the University of Dayton where he earned a bachelor’s degree in Industrial and Electrical Engineering. Currently he works at Zynga as Manager-Ad Monetization. In this role he leads the conceptualization, development and implementation of decision tools, in order to increase yield for the company’s $200M ad business.
Prior to joining Zynga, Juan Miguel was hired by the CEO of FlightCar to develop and oversee Pricing and Yield Management operations. In this role he engineered and executed effective revenue strategies achieving a $27M run rate in 150 days. Juan Miguel was also a Team Leader for Virgin America’s Pricing and Yield Management team for two years. During this time he led the company to its first full year of profitability eventually leading to its Initial Public Offering in November 2014.
Manager - Ad Monetization @ Zynga
- Lead the conceptualization, development, and implementation of decision tools, in order to increase yield from targeted campaigns and ad network demand.
Manager - Pricing & Yield Management @ FlightCar
- Hired by the CEO to develop & oversee Pricing and Yield Management operations of this fantastic start-up in the sharing economy. - Engineered & executed effective revenue strategies achieving a $27M run rate in 150 days. - Led growth through Series B while expanding FlightCar's network from 3 locations to 17 nationwide locations in 6 months. - Managed implementation projects for 12 distribution partners including Sabre, WorldSpan & Kayak.
Team Leader - Pricing & Revenue Management @ Virgin America
- Responsible for revenue strategy, optimization & pricing for Virgin America's two largest market entities representing 40% of the company's revenue.
- Improved revenues per available seat mile by 5% year-over-year.
- Contributed to a $29M operating income increase over the first three quarters of 2014 despite a 2% increase in cost.
- Led the company to its Initial Public Offering on the NASDAQ.
Senior Analyst - Revenue Management @ Delta Air Lines
- Managed a revenue portfolio totaling $650M including Delta's 6th largest domestic route.
- Increased revenues (RASM) by 11% year-over-year.
- Through revenue optimization produced a profit of $63M representing a $21M increase year-over-year despite a 6% increase in cost.
- Achieved a +10% segment margin on assigned market scope, up 4% year-over-year.
- Responsible for maintenance of several departmental reports and participated in various pricing & revenue management initiatives.